Expectation management

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by foghorn, Sep 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorn

foghorn Registered Member

I think Acronis might do themselves a favour if they posted a list of the fixes which they consider to be a priority, and are chalked for the next release, along with an intended date.

With all the teething problems people are obviously having, Acronis are missing a big trick in my view, not communicating this information. Their customers don't know when their particular problems will be fixed, or even if they will be fixed at all in the near future. If a particular problem is not scheduled to be looked at for the next build, then fine, but it would be nice to know so that people can move on - rather than piss them off when they find out for themselves.

A little a bit of project management might go a long way to you holding onto a few customers.

2. leehigdon3

leehigdon3 Registered Member

You've hit the nail on the head and have voiced it as well as I have seen. Having been a program management professional for quite a long time, I absolutely agree. There is a very good book the folks at Acronis might want to make required reading: How to Win Customers and Keep Them for Life, by Michael Leboeuf. It's about winning.

3. Tom_USA

Tom_USA Guest

Well worded and 100% true. To me it looks like "Acronis" is a group of hobby developer who came up with some good ideas but are overwhelmed with the success - and also with the amount of bugs they find in their product. Project management, quality assurance and customer satisfaction seem to be words that are either totally unknown or at least new to them. Somehow reminds me of how "Tiny personal firewall" went down the drain.

4. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

foghorn,

This is exactly what is needed! I have no Idea if they intend on fixing the SATA/RAID 0 issues. Worse than that, I'm anticipating several other problems once I get past the SATA stuff. Absent communication we are all left to imagine the worst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.