Exit Outlook get application error

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by KC33, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KC33

KC33 Registered Member

Got a user running NOD32 3. When he exits out of Outlook 2003 SP3 he gets Outlook.exe Application error and then something like The instruction at “0x3004e013” referenced memory at “0x0154c7e4”. The memory could not be “read”. Click OK to terminate the program
    Do not know if NOD32 is source of the problem, but if I start Outlook in Safe mode, the Outlook exits without any error messages.
    When Outlook is in Safe mode, and I check under the Help About Outlook, Disabled Items...there is nothing shown as disabled.
    There are a couple of items that I can manually disable in Outlook under Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Add-in Manager and COM Add-Ins...including NOD32, but that by itself does not fix the exit error. So far, it is only when exiting Outlook after starting in Safe mode will the application exit without an error. Any ideas? I've thought about uninstalling the version 3 and go back to ver 2.7 but not sure if that can be done.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does the issue actually go away after uninstalling v3? If so, I'd suggest installing v4 beta to see if it makes a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.