Exewatch ??

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by smallhagrid, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

what is exactly Exewatch ??

2. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

From Sven's site:

"ExeWatch keeps a careful eye on your hard drives and will instantly alert (beep) you every time a new executable appears in any folder, on any fixed or removable drive. Double-click the tray icon to view the details of the latest detections, if any. A solid and lightweight addition for the security-conscious power user. "

It's like an antiexecutable, but without the need to answer to popups. It's an information tool. Won't bother you, just sits in tray and flashes if new executables are written on your hard drives. You can check what it was at your leisure, no need to do it immediately. It won't stop anything (unless you enable panic mode, which renames everything new written on the disk), it will only inform you.

I think it's great for people who can't stand answering to HIPS. It gives you a shot in detecting an infection that your AV may have missed.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

so in panic mode it will silently blocks any exe and jar files in real timeo_O

4. Fuzzfas

It detects exe, bat, com, jar. And in panic mode it will attempt to rename them to an extension that i don't remember, HOPING that this will halt the infection. Honestly i don't expect it to do so much, i actually think that by the time i realise what's happening, the malware will have already installed a rootkit and it will all be finished. But theoretically, it could halt... It doesn't block. It renames them, hoping to "break" the infection.

But at that point, i 'd simply nuke the installation and restore a Macrium image.

5. Fuzzfas

Personally i wouldn't like a pop up. I think it would be annoying as hell.

I think it would be nice to have the orange squares optional (i don't like them) and instead to have the option to play a not very intrusive sound. I think the sound, together with the flashing tray icon would be enough. Another option would be to allow for custom colour for the flashing tray icon. Like red, yellow, blue...

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

sounds good program,thanks for the explanation:thumb:

7. Fuzzfas

I know it sounds crazy, but v1.28 feels snappier on my Windows 7. I mean, opening quickly directories. v.1.30 has a bit more drag. Maybe it's placebo, but i can't help myself. I m back to 1.28.

8. ichito

ichito Registered Member

I thought that 1.28 is the latest o_O From where you have 1.30?

9. siketa

siketa Registered Member

Read the first page.
    :rolleyes:

10. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Hahaha :D Thanks...I didn't notice this :thumb:

11. siketa

siketa Registered Member

:D
    The topic has been silent for some time...

12. flatfly

flatfly Registered Member

Just a little update - Sven's web page has moved to a new, hopefully
    more stable host:

http://trax.x10.mx/

13. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

I don't find in release notes for version 1.30 windows 8 compatibility. This strictly 32bit theno_O

Liked this app on XP but still wish it improve even more and user configurations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.