Execution Protection

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by LESLIEDAVIS, Dec 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LESLIEDAVIS

LESLIEDAVIS Registered Member

Does TDS3 need to be started before Execution Protection is effective or does it run in background o_O.
    Kind Regards
    Leslie

2. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Yes, TDS-3 need to be started for Execution Protection to be effective. Execution Protection is the resident part of TDS-3.
    When you have opend TDS-3, the place where to enable/disable Execution Protection is:
    TDS > Execution Protection.
    No need to do that every time, only once you need to do that, and every time TDS-3 is started then Execution Protection is "running" (if you have it enabled in that place).
    Running is here not exactly the right word, cause it is an "hook", but that doesn't matter much now; important thing is that Execution Protection is working effective once you have it enabled one time there at that place and then it is always effective after you have started TDS-3.

3. LESLIEDAVIS

LESLIEDAVIS Registered Member

Many thanks FANJ,I thought that would be the case. :D
    Kind Regards
    Leslie

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Leslie,

You're welcome ! :)

Cheers, Jan.

5. jrwire

jrwire Registered Member

Being an unreasonably paranoid person, I've been installing the execution protection components every time TDS starts. Does anybody out there in the know think there's tons of duplicate files all over the place from that? :p
    Thanks for any input.

6. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

welcome jrwire,

No ;). Next time you do startup TDS, notice if the message as displayed in the attached screen shot is visible. If it is, all's just fine.

regards.

paul

Attached Files:

7. jrwire

jrwire Registered Member

Thank you, Paul. That's the first thing it says in the startup window; good thing it didn't hit me in the head. I guess it would pay to do a little more checking on my own rather than run straight to the forum and look silly. Thanks again,
    Chris

8. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Nothing silly Chris, since long ago we decided the only stupid/silly questions might be those not asked!
    So looking forward to be of further support!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.