Execution protection

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by Feivel, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

I just purchased the action pack and i have a question about execution protection in TDS-3 that the help file doesn't clear up. I have set TDS-3 to start with windows but I don't see anyway to set execution protection to install each time. Do I only have to install it once and it is active when TDS-3 runs?

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

It's a quick setting under the TDS menu itself.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=19442

Once set, as long as TDS runs at startup, it'll be enabled. (The TDS console will tell you that it is enabled when you open that. See the first post and first image in that thread, for that.)

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Feivel, ;)

Yes, once exeprot is installed it's active when TDS is running.

I don't know about running TDS at start up, it's intial scans (memory processes) is pretty intensive ... I perfer to start TDS manual once XP has loaded up.

dog - *puppy*

4. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

Well what do you know. Serves me right for not reading those itty bitty letters in the console window :)

Feivel

5. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Make sure the friendly greetings are up, which might remind you to look and read the tip of the day in case of problems not eat the keyuboard, in the same time you'll see those startup messages.
    You're in the driver's seat of the program, so you should look at all the messages etc :) Maybe the console should look like a plane cockpit with all those meters and colors and checks and sounds :D I look with half an eye after all startup scans finished .....

6. Feivel

Feivel Registered Member

If I used half an eye I wouldn't see my computer. With the action back of TDS-3, PE and WG backed up by PG, ZAP and NOD32, I don't think any malware stands a chance at the moment :)

Alot of my time on the computer is spent beefing up my security, DiamondCS just gave me a bunch of free time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.