execution protection

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by spastic, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spastic

spastic Registered Member

newbie here.  does the execution protection run automatically....or only when program is on? does it matter if it runs at startup? read through the entire help files but still not sure....lot of learning to do. thanks.

2. George S

George S Guest

Under TDS  - Execution Protection -- this is the choice of install or remove. If set to install, it will install right then and install when TDS opens, in short, you can forget about it because it will be there. However, you must be a registered user to install it.

Hope this helps,

George

3. spastic

I am registered...and it says it's installed. Just was not sure if it was always there even if the program itself was not on....or not run at startup.  I am still confused I think.......running the program turns it on? I think i need to  get some sleep and then come back and read this...may make sense to me then....thanks for the reply.

4. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Registered Member

lol, I'm probably the one who needs the sleep!

Ok, more to the point, if when loading it reaports this:

18:04:38 [Init] • Exec Protection  :   OK.      Installed

then it is installed. Hope this helps a little more :)

George

5. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf Registered Member

Oh, now I get it, yes, running TDS turns it on. TDS must be running, but it sits in the background and uses zero resources unless called upon. So if you install execute protection, it will load anytime you run TDS, and if TDS is set to start at Win start-up, it will always be running, unless you remove it.

FYI, since you are rgistered, you can hit F5 and it will take you to the registered forums, where you can search and find answers to most everything, or ask if you need to. Not that there is anything wrong with asking here, mind you, but I've learned a lot just by browsing that forum. Hopefully this forum will be as informative after a while too.

George

6. spastic

I got some sleep....and I think I understand now. TDS has to run in the background....not sure I can do that...had it running while online last night downloading stuff. When I logged off and tried to run a scan to check the stuff I had downloaded got error msg saying it caused a fault in kernel32.dll...I think it was...comp froze..couldnt do anything. not sure what the problem was. Thanks for telling me about the other forum....I actually did read that in the help but too much info at one time maybe....it didnt sink in. I will check there and maybe learn something.
    Thanks for the help.

7. spastic

well I tried to go there and register....page pops up that has my name and key on it...thought i better use copy paste for that....but on regestration it says name and key do not match....I have no idea what is wrong.

8. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Hi,

As per another request about this, there does seem to be a signup problem sometimes. Email support@diamondcs.com.au and we will sign you up manually and send you a password

9. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Spastic,
    are you sure the kernel32.dll was on a TDS-3 error or from closing the browser for instance? As i got that error rather frequent when closing the IE browser. Upgraded to IE 6 and seems better now (knock on wood).

10. spastic

Yes ther message said tds caused a fault and would be shut down...but nothing ever shut down ...it just froze and I could do nothing. had to reboot. Was using opera at  
    the time anyway. Probably had too much stuff running...been doing some exploring to see what that stuff is....unfortunatly I have no idea what needs to run...except windows explorer...I know that is necessary. Some stuff I put on runs but with me being forgetful as all heck I think I should leave the anti virus on. I rarely open attachments and always scan em first (must have forgetton something awhile back though because I had a virus). Thanks for the help will send email abut the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.