.exe found after installing SB3.0??

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ganbu, Mar 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganbu

ganbu Guest

I just installed SpywareBlaster3.0 on my win98SE, and both before and after the install I ran SystemFileChecker.
    SFC showed an updated mscomctl.ocx, which is fine, but in the c:/windows folder I now have the following application showing: is-EEUKD.exe

The weird thing is I'd already put SB3.0 on my older win98SE box and SFC on that showed only the updated mscomctl.ocx - no sign of this new executable.
    The only difference between the two machines is that the older one doesn't have Mozilla Firebird 0.7

I've scanned it with Norton and found no infection, I searched it on Google and got no matching documents.

BTW the date on it was 2/25/04 created at 4:00am, and it's 33kB

I've deleted this new program for now and SB seems to work ok. I have no idea if it's in anyway connected to SB or not, but that is the only thing I can think of - I ran SFC literally right before and right after the install.
    Has anybody else noticed this or have any ideas what it might be?

2. memodude

memodude Registered Member

That sounds like a file autogenerated by Inno Setup, the setup system SpywareBlaster uses.

3. ganbu

ganbu Guest

Thanks for the extremely quick response memodude.

If that is the case should I restore it or is it ok for me to just leave it in the recycle bin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.