[EXCLUSIVE] Intel 2014 Haswell-E to pack 8 cores, DDR4, X99 PCH and more...

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://vr-zone.com/articles/intel-core-i7-ivy-bridge-e-core-i3-haswell-lineup-detailed/37832.html

2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Im still running my Yorkfield-6M processor and to be honest i dont see any need to upgrade in the next 1-2 years. Very casual gaming and not a lot of CPU intensive tasks.

3. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Good for you....;) Here.....I am still running my Athlon 2800+ from 2004. I hope it lasts a while longer :D
    None the less, interesting times ahead!

4. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I used to have an Athlon 2200+ but the GPU died and i decided to change it all.

Actually before this Quad Core i used to have an Intel Dual Core E2180 but i needed a bit more oomph so i got on Ebay and purchased this processor for $45. A steal if you ask me.

I want to keep my motheboard as long as possible . . . the LG775 tops out with QX9xx Processors and they are barely faster than the one i got but were like 4x more expensive. :blink:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  5. wtsinnc

wtsinnc Registered Member

I'm running an eight-plus year old Pentium 4 630 and have no interest at all in gaming or even (at this time) upgrading, but I hope Intel and AMD continue to push the envelope- even if primarily for gamers.
    At some point in time I will need or choose to upgrade and it certainly won't be to a laptop and absolutely not a tablet.
    My next computer will be a minitower or midtower PC- something I can customize and enhance as I choose.
    Every time Intel and AMD advance the technology, it nearly always makes the new mid-level CPUs that follow and that I will choose from faster and better.
    -So although I'm not a gamer, I benefit from the emphasis.

6. Noob

Noob Registered Member

As of now AMD is the best option IMO. They have kept using the AM3+ socket for a loooooong time but i guess sooner or later they will change it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.