Exclusive access problem on HDM15S

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by wptski, Mar 5, 2015.

1. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Got a new WD MyCloud 4TB NAS.

I went to restore a PVHD created of W10TP which I've restored before from a USB 3.0 docking station. It stopped with an error that it didn't have exclusive access to Drive D: in my case.

I did notice that the drive letter from the destination drive was showing New Volume instead of D: after the error. I was pressed for time after four BSODs on W10TP in one day, one failed restore point try, I was looking for an easier way out!

I had copied the same PVHD to my 750GB that I had been using before so I just reboot the Boot Media Builder flash drive and it completed without any problems.

2. wptski

wptski Registered Member

Needed to restore again so I tried newer VHD from the NAS and it worked perfectly. Not sure if this means if you have a failure to retry the same VHD again or what! I just "assumed" that it was a software glitch in HDM15S using a NAS drive as the source.

EDIT: It's worked perfectly two more times.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.