Exclusions by application - ERAC 5

Discussion in 'ESET Server & Remote Administrator' started by Geosoft, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Geosoft

Geosoft Registered Member

I noticed this setting available in the client policy configuration editor today, but there's no information on how to use this parameter.

I'm assuming that this parameter will exclude any files that an application may be reading/writing to their system. If that is the case, I really need this for our R&D team when they are building our software packages.

2. Geosoft

Still wondering if someone can offer some insight to this setting.

3. joshvazquez

joshvazquez Registered Member

Found something on page 48 of the EEA 5 manual:

The path is on the client is Web and Email -> Protocol Filtering -> Excluded Applications.

Looks to be only for network access though, not file access, and I can't find it in the policy settings.

Edit: never mind, I found it in the policy settings. Don't have any information about it, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Could you please paste a screen shot of the setting for exclusions by applications? I was unable to find anything like that in the Configuration Editor.

5. Geosoft

Open up the policy editor on ERAC and you can find the item under the following tree:

Windows desktop v5 -> Real-time file system protection -> Settings -> Exclusions by application.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume this one will be removed as it made to the Configuration Editor in error. Although it was initially considered for implementation but later it turned out to be a big security hole so it was eventually not implemented.

7. Geosoft

Shame. It would have been a major benefit for my company. I could have just white listed an application instead of having big gaping exclusions set for when they run their builds.

It would have been much safer actually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.