Excluding Software in Malicious Software Scan PE 9.0.1429

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by dscrap, Mar 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Another thing missing from the new Privacy Expert 9.0 is the ability to exclude programs from the spyware scan. This was possible in previous versions. Why does Acronis keep messing up the new software versions by removing useful features? There should be a master list of items to exclude from any type of scan if found not just spyware scans. When is this ever going to be possible again??

I can no longer use PE 9.0 to scan for spyware since it removes programs that are not spyware. Specifically "Limewire Pro", its the full paid version and not the free shareware version that may (or may not) contain spyware. PE 9.0 doesn't care and wants to deletes it anyway... I can deselect it in the list after a scan, but I should be able to exclude it totally from scans as I was able to do in previous PE versions.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dscrap,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have forwarded it to our Development Team and they will certainly consider it. Probably this feature will be returned in future.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. zigmund

zigmund Registered Member

I'm having to re-install the old version because of this, I upgraded to get rid of the Turkojan and Kagee positives, now I've got a new problem of not being able to exclude items.

When's it going to be fixed?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zigmund,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Internet Privacy and Antispyware Software.

Please be aware that this feature was removed from the current version of Acronis Privacy Expert Suite. Probably it will be returned in future versions, but I'm afraid that the final decision is not taken yet.

Please accept our apologies for the possible inconvenience.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.