Excluding paging and hibernate files..

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by imager, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imager

imager Guest

Hi,
    I'm currently using Paragon exact image recovery v7.00.000.887 for primary backup purposes, I just read in the latest trueimage details that it can optionally exclude page and hybernate files from the image , My question is first that does Trueimage also offer this option when run from the Recovery CD and second , has this feature been recently introduced i.e v8.0 Build 937
    or has it been around for longer than that ? I used an earlier build of Acronis TI v8 and I don't recall that feature being available off the recovery CD , whereas the current paragon image program offers that fuctionality on the CD.

Thank you

2. mrtee

mrtee Registered Member

"that it can optionally exclude page and hybernate files from the image"

Paging and hibernate files are excluded by default, i.e. there is no option to include or exclude in TI v8.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello imager,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image 8.0 excludes large and unnecessary paging and hibernation files since it has been released.

Please also note that Acronis True Image 8.0 excludes these files when creating an image both from under Windows and when booted from special Bootable Rescue CD.

mrtee is correct. There is no such option in Acronis True Image 8.0 program. Paging and hibernation files are excluded by the default.

However, the ability to optionally exclude any individual files from the backup will most likely be implemented in the next version of a particular software which is planned to be released till the end of the year 2005, but exact time frame for this release is not decided yet.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. imager

imager Guest

Thanks

Thanks for the excellent reply, I guess I'll ditch paragon after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.