Excluding files from snapshots

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by estervantes, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. estervantes

estervantes Registered Member

I'm sorry if these questions seem uninformed. I just reinstalled Windows and don't want to do anything that will screw up the system.

I'm trialling FD-ISR and just made a secondary snapshot after having installed but not activating Returnil.. This snapshot includes Returnil image files and so the snapshot is quite large. Perhaps , i should have taken a snapshot before installing Returnil.

Should the Returnil drive be dismounted to prevent its Windows image files being copied into the secondary snapshot.

Is it OK to make a snapshot with a system with Returnil installed and how can i exclude files, such as Returnil files, from a snapshot?

I understand that the snapshot is bootable. Must it be placed on drive C or can it be placed on another primary - or perhaps an extended - partition (one not containing the OS)?

I read that I can create an empty snapshot on which i can load a bootable OS.

Normally you have to install the later OS on a system with the earlier OS already installed. Using FD-ISR, can I install Win 98 to an XP system via
    FD-ISR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.