Excluding files, directories?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Mele20, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have excluded System Volume Information directory and subdirectories from AMON scanning. However, AMON still scans the directory and is finding false positives frequently. Why is it still scanning this directory? System Volume Information can be excluded can it not?

2. Howard

Howard Registered Member

This may or may not be of help, but I have found the exclusion option in AMON to be a hit and miss affair - sometimes I can use long file names, sometimes not; have you tried with \system~1 as the name rather than \System Volume Information ?

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

Thank you for the suggestion. I tried that but that doesn't work either. :( I can exclude a single file successfully. So, I have tried to exclude the single file in system restore that AMON is alerting on. AMON alerts on it when I leave the computer for a few minutes. So, we'll see if this works. Even if it does, there are other false positives in system restore that AMON is alerting on. It would be much easier to exclude the entire directory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.