Exclude VBA

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by sreece, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sreece

sreece Registered Member

Hello:
    I am running v2.7 with RA and the client installed on the file server. Basically, I have an AMON exclusion set up in the config that I am pushing out. It excludes a directory that contains Word 2003 docs with unsigned VBA that we wrote. I have done this using the mapped path to the directory (e.g. J:\dir1\dir2). In addition, I have turned DMON off on both the client and the fileserver.
    Despite the fact that the exclusions are showing up in the clients around the domain and that I have disabled DMON on the machines that need to access these files, the files still show up as either locked or unable to open due to security via an error window. The only way I can get people access to these files is by completely disabling AMON and DMON on the fileserver and the clients!
    Needless to say, this sucks and I'm really hoping that I'm missing something. Is there a way to exclude VBA macros (probably not) or am I setting up the exclusion incorrectly?
    One final question: in the exclusion manager, there is an option for "Exclude subfolders" with a yes/no radio button. Would a "yes" mean that I am excluding the subfolders from being excluded, or that I am allowing the exclusion to be inherited by any subfolders in that directory? It seemed clear at first, but the more I think about it...

Thanks,
    Stephen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.