excite email will not open

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by nidhoggr1, Sep 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nidhoggr1

nidhoggr1 Registered Member

i just installed blaster today and now i can't open my excite email account. the error message says that i have to enable cookies and javascript. what do i need to change?!

actual message: "Right now, your browser's settings are configured to disable cookies and/or javascript. In order to access your account, you must change your browser's settings to accept both cookies AND javascript."

keep in mind that i'm no tech. i know just enough to turn my machine on or destroy the known universe...

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi nidhoggr1,

Well, the first item to try is to remove the block SpywareBlaster put on the Excite.com cookies. See the image below...

Open SpywareBlaster, scroll down to the Excite cookie about 4/5ths the way down and clear the checkmark. Then hit the "Remove Protection for Unchecked Items" button. A success box will come up, hit OK in that and the Excite line should turn bolded red.

Exit SpywareBlaster. Fully close IE and restart it. Then try to use your email. If that doesn't do it, there may be more cookies or perhaps even an ActiveX control involved...

Let us know and we'll go from there.
    LowWaterMark

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.