Exchange Analyser reports VSAPI low thread count

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by jasonblake7, Jun 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonblake7

jasonblake7 Registered Member

Hi guys.

Ran the Exchange Best Practices tool on our Exchange 2003 server today and it. One of the warnings was "The number of virus scanning API threads on server omicronuk2svr.i.omicron.co.uk is too low and may cause performance degradation. Current number of threads: 3. Based on the current hardware configuration, a value of 9 is recommended"

I have Nod32 for MSexchange (XMON and AMON) installed. The Server has 2 Physical Hyperthreading Xeon processors, So 4 logical.

A ms Technet article relating to the low thead count says "If Hyper-Threading is enabled, the value for NumberOfProcessors will be double the number of physical processors. It is recommended that you check with your antivirus software manufacturer to determine if physical or logical processors should be used in the above formula" As it mentions Antivirus software I was wondering if I should make the change to 9 as it suggests or leave it with 3 or Change it to 5 as per physical processors.
    The optimal value for ScanningThreads is equal to (2 × NumberOfProcessors) + 1

2. BFG

BFG Registered Member

Hi jasonblake7,

As the manual suggests 5 you might see if setting it to that still generates the error. If it does you could always bump it up.

BFG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.