Exchange 2000 backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by coastlinetech, Dec 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coastlinetech

coastlinetech Registered Member

I have a win2k server running exchange 2000. What is the "best" way to back this server up using TI Enterprise 9.x. I currently shut off exchange and then start it again using the pre/post scripts. I've tried to determine if exchange 2000 suppports VSS but I haven't determined that yet. If it does, can I leave it running and enable VSS or should I still use the pre/post scripts?

I do a full backup weekly and incremental daily. I augment this backup with a standard Backup exec backup to tape.

2. jeremyotten

jeremyotten Registered Member

No VSS is only for Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 etc.....

Do you also use Ontrack powercontrols to read the priv.edb from a mounted image?

Why do you write you images to tape with veritas.. why not use TI 9.1 File backup to tape?

3. coastlinetech

coastlinetech Registered Member

I do not have the ontrack tools and I wont be getting them either. Small business who's budget is $0.00. Acronis backup is for hardware failure or quick restore of files.

The Veritus backup is not of my images (they got to another server with a 160gm mirror) but just your standard full/incremental. I do it for 2 reasons. The first is to get data offiste in case of disaster. Client takes the tapes offsite weekly. The second is for brick level or mailbox only restores for exchange or an active directory restore. Veritas is paid for so I use what they have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.