Excess steps loading LE

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by rbul1, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rbul1

rbul1 Registered Member

After installing Win7 and moving my cipherixLE data fron my XP partition to the new W7 partition I am experiencing too many steps opening CipherixLE.

Instead of just clicking on the CipherixLE Desktop icon and going directly to the 'Load' window,
    I now am routed to C:\CipherixLE.exe
    I must execute this file to access my C: cxlxxxx file.

Closing via 'shutdown & exit' is another problem in which it asks if I want to save my file (twice).

Running version 10 of LE.

I don't know if this mess creates a security issue or if is just a nuisance.

Anyhow I don't know how to return these procedures back to the original steps.

2. S.B.

S.B. Registered Member

Am not familiar with CipherixLE (looks interesting); but from the problem symptoms you describe, it's possible that "Run as Administrator" will solve your problem.

One way to check this: Instead of left clicking on CipherixLE Desktop icon, right click on icon --> then select "Run as Administrator" from list that appears after right click.

If this solves the problem, you can then adjust the icon properties so that left click will automatically use the "Run as Administrator" option. To accomplish this, right click on the icon --> then select "Properties" --> then click on "Advanced" in the "Shortcut" tab of the box that appears --> then check the box labeled "Run as Administrator" --> then close everything till you are back to the starting icon --> and you're done.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

__

3. rbul1

rbul1 Registered Member

No option to "Run as Administrator".

Still concerned about extra file copies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.