Excel 2007 blocked macros password pretected document

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by magellan_c, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. magellan_c

magellan_c Registered Member

Since the installaton of NOD32 v3 I can't activate homemade macros from a password protected Excel document -removing the password every thing goes well-.The message I get: "Security Alert This file contains encrypted macros that have been disabled because there is no antivirus software installed that can scan them." Never encounter that problem with NOD32 v2.7 .
    Microsoft explanation : This behavior occurs if the computer is not running an active antivirus program that supports the scanning of encrypted* content as supported by the Microsoft Antivirus API. In this case, macros are disabled in encrypted Office Open XML files.( article ID 927150).

* Note. An encrypted file is a file that you protect by using any of the following methods: • Password protection, • Information Rights Management (IRM), • Workbook protection in Microsoft Office Excel 2007.

The question: how to keep macros enabled in a password protected document with NOD32 v3?

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I assume that it's because v2 has DMON which utilizes Microsoft Antivirus API to scan documents, and ESS/EAV don't have such a module yet.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yet? Do you at all need it with real-time file system protection enabled ?

5. magellan_c

magellan_c Registered Member

I guess you are right! After reinstall of v 2.7 all is fine!

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.