Example: How to - Console Tools

Discussion in 'DCS Freeware' started by dog, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

The First step is to Download the Beta Console Tools -> http://www.diamondcs.com.au/downloads/consoletools.zip

Then Extract the tools you wish to use to System32 (The Default would be C:\WINDOWS\system32)

Then go to Start -> Run -> and Type "cmd" (no quotes)

For this example I'm using strdump

Attached Files:

• DCS1.jpg
      DCS1.jpg
      File size:
      37.8 KB
      Views:
  2. dog

dog Guest

Second Half of the 1st ScreenShot

Attached Files:

3. dog

dog Guest

Switch the parameter to dump the text to a text file.

Attached Files:

4. dog

dog Guest

And the resulting Text File

Attached Files:

• DCS4.jpg
      DCS4.jpg
      File size:
      39.4 KB
      Views:
  5. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Excellent info dog!

When we release our new website we've already added some info about how to use console applications, as well as how to use them via scripts/other programs so more information will be inbound soon, but until then your guide is an excellent introduction to those new or unsure about console apps :)
    Afterall, they're very easy to use! You just need to know how to get started :)

These 21 tools are just the start of our console tool library - it will continue to evolve and expand with time, and all console tools will remain free both all uses - personal, educational and commercial. :)

6. dog

dog Guest

Thanks for the comment and tools Wayne :)

Good to know the new site will have documentation for how to use console applications, that'll make it easy for everyone to utilize and appreciate these handy gems. They all work flawlessly. :) My favourite still is sendmail :ninja:

7. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

:) The new site is very user-oriented - much more user-friendly, easier to use, easier to navigate and easier to find things, and contains more help-related items such as How-To guides for things like console tools.

We haven't included sendmail.exe in this package as it needs some refinement but many people have got a lot of good usage out of it over the years so it's certainly something I'm looking to bring back - like I said the console tool library will continue to expand. :)

Cheers,
    Wayne

8. mrgeek

mrgeek Registered Member

When I downloaded the console tools from the link provided by dog above, and ran the file through Jottis online scan, AntiVir did pick up Heuristic/trojan.downloader(possible variant). I know its a false positive, just wanted to point it out.

Wayne....I hope the new site will allow mail registration of all DCS software!

9. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

I've noticed AntiVir does have some detections which are very broad, it can work very very well. Just look at the generic webdownloader detection in TDS-3, it detected loads of new malware before any sigs :)

10. 9nine9

9nine9 Registered Member

Is the new site up yet? I looked all over the existing site and couldn't find any How-To guides for the console tools. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.