ewido

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by maddawgz, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi i dl ewido..can i update use it free after 14 days thanks? i dont want it running as real time gaurd in taskbar?? MD

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

If I am not mistaken , you can use it for free without the real time scanner . I am probably wrong but , maybe someone will step in and tell you the real deal . Should say on their site . If you want an on demand scanner , may I suggest A2 squared ? I use it as back up . Very nice

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Yup, after 14 days it just disables the guard, memory scanner, and two of the options for scanning (crypters and binders, I believe.) Other than that it remains totally functional, including updates.

a2 is good as well. I haven't had occassion to really test it since they added heuristics and "riskware" detection, but it was behind Ewido when I last scanned a heavily infected machine. It never hurts to have both free versions around, though :)

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The free version loses the ability to scan in archives; http://www.ewido.net/en/features/
    Agree completely ;) No harm in installing both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.