ewido xxywwur.dll problem

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by texarcana, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texarcana

texarcana Registered Member

Hi

I did a full scan with ewido in safe mode and got a specific file called "xxywwur.dll" as a high risc. Then i rebooted again and when i logged in to windows the normal way, ewido is giving me notices that this file called "xxywwur.dll" (in system32 folder) is a high risc.

So i booted into safe mode again and tried to delete that dll, but windows says another program is running it.

My problem now is that i have absolutely no idea what program is using that dll.

If anyone could help on how to fix this problem, it is very much appreciated cause it is driving me crazy.

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Let Ewido fix it. Files with these types of names are typically spyware. Run the Ewido scan and apply the recommended actions. That's what Ewido is for.

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Look at ewido's report, if you see a square bracket with a number in it (eg. [2406] or whatever) then that will be the PID of the process involved. You can then click ewido's analysis section, click the 'Processes' tab and look for the process with that PID.

You would need to select that process and click the 'Terminate application' button to halt the process, before attempting to do a scan with ewido to remove the .dll. If it is loaded into more than one process, you would need to simultaneously terminate the relevant processes. If it is an important system file involved you may BSOD yourself.

Another try, if you can find the .dll in Windows Explorer, is to use 'Unlocker' from here:-

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/#download

Download and install Unlocker, then right click the file and select Unlocker. From the box that appears you choose 'Delete' in the dropdown box (bottom left) and click the 'Unlock All' button.

see if that helps.

4. texarcana

texarcana Registered Member

thx for the help guys, i followed your advices
    and all works fine again

muchos gracias :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.