Ewido-What's in the future?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by se7engreen, Oct 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

I can tell that one of the goals of Ewido must have been to be user-friendly and it does a good job of this. I'm wondering if there'll ever be any advanced options or ways to fine tune the software included. For example, adding controls to adjust heuristic strength (when added), or excluding one or more files. I guess I'm asking will there will be more user control in the future?

Anyway great product, I think I'll probably purchase a license in the near future. One thing that's influencing my decision to buy is that fish25 is always hanging around here answering questions and taking suggestions that are actually implemented. It's good to know that I could come to this section of Wilders and be confident I'd get support from Ewido if needed.

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I agree with you, se7engreen ;)

3. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

they are thinking on a forum too. which would give some major plus points and potential customers.

two tumbs up. in fact the forum where I work (spyblocker) I do some hijack cleaning and since a few weeks I recommend installing ewido cause it is free and sure helps a lot of members there. it is a great product and perfect on demand scanner.

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Sorry for the late reply... :)

Ok... What's already planned:

- Heuristics (+ Whitelist)
    - Better archive support
    - Better unpacking (emulation)
    - Better memory scan
    - Perhaps some new modules ;)
    - Small bugfixes + features

5. WilliamP

WilliamP Registered Member

Fish is there any way to set up a scheduled scan with Ewido? That would be great.

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I second the vote on the scheduled scan suggestion...
    :D

7. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Another vote from me, I've been wanting command line switches for a while now.. I'd like to not only schedule scans but be able to evoke Ewido from 3rd party software!

8. panic

panic Guest

What I think would help the PGM is to have pre-set actions to be taken when an infection is found while running a scan. Many a times I start the scan, leave the room to do things, and come back to find an infection was found right near the beginning of the scan, and the scan halted to ask me what to do. I can then tell it to perform the same action for any other infections found (by checking the box in the window that appeared), but I want to do that right from the start! Please add that checkbox in an options window so it's set the way I want BEFORE I scan. Thankyou for listening.

9. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Look on the bright side--with no configuration options in Ewido, upgrading is easy: Just uninstall, reboot, and reinstall. Nothing to reconfigure! :D

(I'm not being maliciously sarcastic; I'm serious... I'm doing exactly what I described above right now, and I hate reconfiguring software. Though this doesn't mean I don't welcome the presence of options in the first place.)

10. panic

panic Guest

I don't mind configuring software, to a point. As I described, not being able to configure just that one option causes me to waist time. As far as configuring something like Paint Shop Pro, then I agree!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.