EWIDO updates.

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by spy1, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

I notice that at different times, an update can either use the "progress bar" to show the updates progress while d/l'ing it or the program simply seems to update instantaneously (no progress bar movement) and just gives the "program re-starting" message.

So I take it that the "quick" ones are just little, short additions or FP removal - and the "progress bar" ones are big updates? Just trying to make sure I'm understanding what I'm seeing, and that the program's updating correctly.

Also, are the dates shown afterwards the date of whatever update itself - or the date one actually d/l'ed them? Pete

2. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Everything's correct ;)
    We just release a new database from time to time to "clean up" your signatures-folder. All other signature-updates are released incremental...

Currently the dates show the day you downloaded the update. But we might change that in future...

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thank you, sir. Pete

4. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

fish25,

I, for one, think the update date is confusing, especially for the ones that try to post update information to the various forums, Wilders included. There has been several instances of Ewido update info double posting and confusing posts here already. I have butted heads 3 times. An update might already be posted, but someone comes by that has not updated for a day or so..... See what I mean?

I think the update date needs to be the actual date of the update, not the date it was downloaded. Or even better yet, assign numbers to the update as this would be real beneficial on days of more that one update....

Regards,
    Kent

5. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

We're working on this ;)

6. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.