ewido security suite 3.5 beta

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by quexx88, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

0 false positives on my last "Complete System Scan" with the defaults settings more scan every file... :D

This was also fixed ;)

Good work ewido team :p

2. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Scans still too slow with ewido 3.5 release. For example, starting OE Pro with ewidoguard disabled takes approx 3 seconds. Starting OE Pro with ewidoguard enabled takes approx 20 seconds.

Also, it takes ewidoguard approx. 45 seconds to initialise when started. While you don't do this that often, it seems an excessive amount of time just to initialise.

Ideally both these problems should be addressed, although problem (1) should take priority saince it impacts on system performance in a BIG way. EwidoGuard remains unusable for me until this problem is addressed!

3. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

OE Pro? What are your pc specs?

4. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

5. edition

edition Guest

hi

is ewido 3.5 better than 3 now?

6. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

I noticed on the Ewido website that version 3.5 is listed for download and it is not stated that it is the Beta version. Has the new version been released?.... o_O :eek: :D

7. peter.ewido

Yup, but not yet as an online-update, this will be done by tomorrow :)

8. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Oh boy a new toy for me...thanks a million and keep up the super work guys.. :cool:

9. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

I think these are false positives ,emailed them a coupla days ago-

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MSOHTMED.EXE -> Heuristic.Win32.Downloader : Ignored
    C:\Vet\VetTray.exe -> Heuristic.Win32.Backdoor4 : Ignored

10. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

Will the 3.5 beta update using online update? Right now, I just tried to update
    and I get a update.ewido not found.

I guess when you mean that you will update tomorrow that you mean July 5th German time? I get confused by times sometime because I am currently in Asia and it is morning here.

Starrob

11. feddup

feddup Registered Member

I just wanted to thank fish25. I downloaded installed an ran 3.5 NON beta and all is running smoothly. Your efforts are noticed and greatly appreciatted! I have no clue as to why I was having problems updating the beta.

12. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

13. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

But I got those latest defs to my Ewido 3.5 Plus after uninstalling my Ewido 3.0 Plus and reinstalling the former 3.5 Beta and updating that after that installing process was over. Look at the picture now.

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Attached Files:

14. chew

chew Registered Member

Re: Help ewido 3.5 not starting properly.

Hi Folks

I need your advice as I think I have messed up Ewido 3.5 a bit ...

I have just installed and uninstalled and installed Ewido 3.5 again and again due to a slight download problem at the beginning when I try to install.

Now I hope I have installed the proper vesion with a total size of 5,779 KB.

However, I made a mistake in one of the installed & uninstalled process and now it doesn't work properly or kept telling me to restart my PC again when I click the Manual Update.

I did these due to resource constraint :

1) I turned Off the RealTime Protection but left the Automatic Updates On. (I should have turned both off ... d'oh!)

2)Then I uninstalled Ewido 3.5 and forgot that Automatic Updates was still on.

3) So I cleaned it out using CCleaner thinking that I could fix the problem.

4) Then reinstalled Ewido 3.5.

5) When I try to use Manual Update it said ... I need to Restart PC or Cannot connect to server or gave me some message saying server was busy or automatic updates was in progress ... or hang there with nothing happening at all.

So my question:

1) Did I manage to uninstall cleanly? If yes, i am happy. If not how do I hunt down the Automatic Updates and to get rid of it and do a clean insatll again?

2) I know the server is busy now but every time when I clicked Manual Update I get different message. i.e. restart PC, Server Busy, Automatic Update in progress or something like that.

Could you advice me please.

Cheers

Chew

15. peter.ewido

You could try:

1. uninstall every version of the ewido security suite
    2. manually delete the program directory
    3. reboot your computer
    4. download the new setup
    5. install it

should work now :)

16. gaurav

gaurav Guest

my ewido crashes after removing a few trojans, why is that so?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.