Ewido-n-eicar test file

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by redwolfe_98, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

when i tried to test ewido's resident scanner with the eicar.com test file, ewido did not appear to catch it.. there was no ewido alert as they indicate that there should be.. ewido's on-demand scanner did catch the eicar test file..

has anyone tested ewido's resident scanner with the eicar.com test file, and did ewido's resident scanner catch it?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
  2. 123

123 Guest

maybe a background guard of an other security program blocks the eicar test file, so the ewido guard cannot detect and read this file.

3. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

no, i did not have any other resident scanning running..

when i ran the eicar.com test file (after i downloaded it), a dos window popped up, momentarily.. the ewido alert screen did not come up..

4. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

That's unusal, ewido popped up and deleted the file when I tried to run it. I suppose you should reinstall?

5. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I had the same problem. Uninstall your current version of Ewido, and download and install the latest. Then, run an update, since sometimes component updates are provided, but not available in the main EXE download. This is what worked for me to get EICAR detected.

Obviously, we don't really care about EICAR specifically, but if this were a bug in the detection or notification of infected files in general, it warrants concern. I don't know which was the case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.