Ewido Micro

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by G1111, Feb 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raffnixpert

raffnixpert Registered Member

Thank you OldRebel for your patience. I have tried to adjust my IE and Fx settings according to your advice (see Attachment).

Still nothing happens when I download ewido_micro.exe and try to open it. I think there might something be wrong with my IE6 and/or DirectX installations. Never paid much attention to it in my effort to avoid MS products.

So, I think I will leave it and renounce ewido. It is a pity that everything about security (progs, online scanners etc.) still hinges so much on Microsoft.

As to the attachment: I had such a beautiful Word doc with 4 screenshots and when I tried to upload it, I realized that docs were not allowed. Updloading 4 jpg files was not allowed either. So the only thing I could do at the moment (because I immediately changed my settings back after the failure to download ewido_micro.exe signatures) was to take two of the jpg files and combine them into one. I hope that the quality is still sufficient.
    (The other two screenshots which I had to leave out were my Firefox java setting and the SafeXP window with IE6 and other relevant Windows settings)

Attached Files:

2. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

The perhaps sad fact is that as long as one is using Windows, one will be dependent on IE6 and Microsoft products. As far as IE repair, all I could suggest is the following:
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_ie6.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-7E4B-4622-86EB-95A22B832CAA&displaylang=en

Regarding Ewido micro: Even though it does not work for you, the website is not "broken" for Firefox. Although I do not know the solution, I recommend you keep looking for the reason why it does not work. In the meanwhile, can you not download the trial version of Ewido and run it as an installed on-demand program?

3. raffnixpert

raffnixpert Registered Member

Unfortunately it is not for WinME.

4. beltov

beltov Registered Member

Hi,

I think my machine is infected as there are quite a few odd things happening on my machine (mainly .exe files don't run). I'm using FireFox 1.5 so, I tried to download and run ewido_micro but the 'Start Scan' button seems to have been disabled. It isn't there like in the screenshot in the previous posts. Any ideas?

B.

5. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

I haven't used Ewido micro lately, so I can only assume that it is still functioning like in the past. Have you enabled Java scripting for the Ewido web site and allowed any popups? I don't know if that would make a difference. BTW - do you have any idea WHY .exe files will not run? What other anti-malware, HIPS, antispyware, or antivirus programs do you have installed and what version of Windows are you using? Have any of your installed programs indicated the name or file path of any infections? If you cannot get Ewido ro run, I would suggest that you do an online scan with Trend Micro's Housecall, since you are using Firefox. Perhaps you can get it to detect what malware you might be dealing with. Or alternatively, post a HijackThis log at a HJT forum like CastleCops, SpywareWarrior, or Atribune,org. Also, the online scan at Kaspersky AV is excellent if you are able to use Internet Explorer. If .exe files will not run on your computer, you may need to use an online scan where the executable resides externally to your PC. Please post back any results, and perhaps the more experienced members here can give you better advice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.