Ewido Micro-exe Problems! :(

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ih8spyware, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ih8spyware

ih8spyware Registered Member

From previous threads here, you guys know that I use the ewido micro-exe scanner a lot. Every day, in fact. It's the only one that'll find stuff all the others won't. No problems with it ever since someone here kindly pointed me to it (about 2 years ago?). OK, so last night, I reformatted, downloaded the E M Exe just fine (got the orange multi-stranded triangle and put it on my desktop the way I always did). Used it about 4 times since then----meaning, after I'd shut off my 'puter and then come online again later, I'd click on the orange icon, ewido would down load just fine, and I'd then let it do its thing.

Well, all of a sudden, 24 hours later, I keep getting the following message about 5 seconds after I click the orange triangle (message appears after the empty Ewido screen has shown up the way it does just before it starts downloading the signatures): "The application or DLL C:\Documents and Settings\[my name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\[long string of letters and #s]\engine[1].dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." I even eradicated the orange triangle and redownloaded it, then shut down the 'puter again, and totally started from scratch, clicking the triangle, but got the same message. Could anyone tell me how to fix this? As I've said before, w/o that scanner, my computer is a gonner, bec. the spyware accumulates in areas where the other purgers (Ad-Aware, TrendMicro, Spybot and SpySweeper) just can't "reach." Thanx in advance for any help you can provide.

Pulling my hair out,

SpyWareHater

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2008
  2. support.grisoft

support.grisoft Grisoft Team

As apparent from your screenshot, there is a problem with the engine.dll file, which is used by the Ewido Micro scanner. Please try deleting the Temporary Internet Files from within Windows Internet Explorer (Tools - Internet Options). I have tested the Ewido Micro scanner now and it works without any problems, so there should be no general problem at the moment.

Daniel Rott

AVG Technical Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.