Ewido is a CPU hog on old P///s

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by enduser999, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

I just downloaded and installed the trial version of the product and I have to say that it is a CPU hog. I have an old P///-600 w 512MB ram and Win2k and doing a complete system scan it is using 95%+ of the cpu rendering the computer useless. I even had problems with trying to quit the program. The only application running in the system tray at the time, besides Ewido was NOD32 my antivirus.

Attached Files:

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Don't know what version of Spysweeper you are using but I would start by at least disabling it's process and others if possible to help eliminate who may be fighting with ewido.

Bubba

3. robinb

robinb Registered Member

I use AVG virus Protection with Firewall and see no spikes in ewido Pro 4 when running scans. I have the free version of avg on 3 other computers and the free ewido and no spikes on them either.

robin

4. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

It appears that Ewido and Spysweeper were fighting even though Spysweeper's real time protection was not running but its service was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.