ewido - Instruction on how to Uninstall etc.,

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by chew, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chew

chew Registered Member

Hi all

I have just downloaded Ewido Security Suite verison 3.0 today.

The installation went smoothly apart from me having to change the Proxy server for updating. That was fine too and I managed to update easily. (behind institutional firewall btw)

But I have one problem ... it is sucking up my resources and the fans on my Dell laptop pc are running almost every few minutes now. (usually the fans do turn on that often. I set the temp at 55 C to turn the fans on).

I then checked on Task Manager and found out Ewidoguard is sucking up all the resources ... well not all but some. I have not noticed any slow down on my laptop but am wondering if there is a way to stop the Ewidoguard running all the time. The fan noise is driving me nuts.

Questions:

1) How to uninstall ewido if I need to ... just in case. I have not come across any manul instruction on how to do this so far.

2) Can I click "Remove Guard" from the Ewido Security Suite 3.0 Centre and then later on switch it on again when I need it? Or once remove ... it will be permanent?

3) All comments welcome.

Oh ya ... I think Ewido is a neat product so far. I did a scan and ewido managed to find 2 tracking cookies and nothing else. Phew! good news.

I intend to install Ewido on friends' pcs but I need to know the above first before I can introduce them to Ewido as I don't want to be blamed for anything ... like turning the fans on or slowing down their pc. I know one of them got trojan infection at the moment and I might just use Ewido to test it out.

Cheers

Chew

P/s: My Dell Laptop got 512MB ram by the way and the speed is not much affected ... just the fans so far. I have few others security apps like SpywareBlaster, SpywareGuard, Prevx on ...

2. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Hi, yes you could easily solve that by clicking on your control panel :))) on the check: disable guard. You will have to reboot and at that point you will have your ewido functioning as an on demand scanner.

you can go through your windows control panel > system > software > uninstall Ewido

yes easily ;), and you can enable it as much as you like...we all do sometimes ;)

I think your fans can be monitored and altered by a few tweaks like the voltages on your psu but that would be a separate thread on another location :)

bye

3. chew

chew Registered Member

Infinity

Thanks for the info. very much appreciated.

I can't find anything in > system > software ...

Or are you referring to Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Ewido? I managed to find Ewido there ... is that the way to uninstall via Add or Remove Programs?

Cheers

Chewkw

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

exactly, I was showing another way around this :) (long live xp lol)

5. chew

chew Registered Member

Cheers Infinity. Yes, another way LOL;)

I have just disabled the EwidoGuard and had noticed the Realtime Protection & Automatic Update (in the Ewido Security Centre suite 3.0) were both Inactive after reboot.

Both fans have stopped running now ... whoohoo! No more noise driving me nuts.

Ewidoguard has gone from Task Manager now and I managed to Manual Update too. So everything is fine now.

Ewido is a neat product and I will install it on my friends pc from now on. PC desktop will be fine with the ewidoguard on ... but for Dell Laptop (esp. mine) ewidoguard can turn the fans on rather constantly and can very noisy. I am also using 3rd party software to control the fans and temp on Dell laptop.

I will keep ewido.

Thanks again.

Chew

6. mantra

mantra Registered Member

but is not a good idea to use a uninstallero_O

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Sorry to hear about your problem with the Ewido Guard, Chew. I also have a Dell laptop and the CPU usage by the AT Guard is practically zero. Horses for courses. This is with NOD running as the AV RTM. Any conflict with your AV Monitor?

I also have a licensed version of BOClean but because of the huge CPU usage with this one on all my systems, I cannot use it :'(

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.