Ewido-I'll have to wait and see

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by BrainWarp, Sep 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

I was just going to purchase Ewido and i happen to look at my task bar to see what resources it was using---WOW--it is up to 20.324k--now i do have everything active ,but it should not have been near that high.Im now into low resource programs ,but i want max protection.I stopped using kaspersky because of it's high resource usage and installed kas 4.5 on my wifes computer Then purchased Dr.Web for it's low resource usage,But i felt that Dr.Web needed a little help so thats why i was looking at ewido.

But they will have to really improve the resource usage for me to purchase.I think it is an outstanding program to be so new.I also think ewido has a big future in the mass destruction of trojans and i would like to be on there battleship--

The other thing i don't like is that i can't shut down ewido--i have a very fast computer--but i like playing alot of games.To get max frame rate in games i shut down most of my background programs--i don't need ewido running in the background during game play--will there be an option in future for being able to shut it down?

There are a growing amount of gamers out there that are into the security of there computer--i would think they are asking the same question.

2. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

New version out within the 2 weeks, why not wait and see what they come up with. :)
    This is already posible, rightclick on the Ewidosymbol in tray and uncheck. :)

Edit: Fish from Ewido, said next week. Look here post nr.12

3. BrainWarp

Hello Don Pelotas

Yes--i know you can uncheck monitor files and hijacker protection,but the program is still running in the background.I just wanted a way to shut it all the way down.Then after game play turn it back on without having to reboot.

peace

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

NOt 100 correct, you can totally disable the guard. but the only issue then is you need to reboot and then it will not be monitoring in the background.

just click "remove guard"

bye

5. Don Pelotas

Ok, now i see your point (missed that one) :) , that must be annoying. Hopefully it's implemented in the next update. :)

6. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

It will be :)

7. BrainWarp

Thx for dropping by fish--glad to know that--my inner security voice is saying buy buy buy---

Maybe if a special deal was offered to wilders people--being we let the world know of the great adventures of ewido on our computers. :D

8. Don Pelotas

I'll second that. :D

9. Infinity

Don, try to defrag with ewido's "monitor files" on

can you do it??

somebody else?

10. Don Pelotas

Hi Infinity. Yes, but it slows to a crawl (using Perfectdisk). :)

11. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

The new version will fix that, too :)

12. Infinity

me too with perfectdisk, smartplacement will not work but the usual defrag works a bit (like you said , like a turtle, if it was a special ninja turtle then I wouldn't mind, but now...)

Thanx Fish for clearing that out too. I love it allready...

13. BrainWarp

Well i decided to take the plunge and purchase ewido---time will tell if i did the right thing or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.