Ewido FireWall?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by SpeedFighter, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedFighter

SpeedFighter Registered Member

Hello Guys I Was Just Wondering How Do I Find Out What FireWall I Have?...I Have LinkSys Wireless Router But Its Already Configured To Let My ShoutCast DNAS Radio Threw It..But I Recently Installed Ewido AntiSpyWare And Now For Some Reason Its Blocking My Radio How Do I Turn Off The FireWall In Ewido...Cause Im pretty Shure Thats Whats Doing It...Is There A Program That Shows All The Active FireWalls On Your Comp...Does Anyone Know Of A Program Like This??Or What I Could Do..Even Though I have Tried Uninstalling Ewido And Then Reinstalling It Even When I Uninstalled Ewido It Says I have A FireWall..Is There A Program That Will Tell Me All The FireWalls I Have Goin On My Comp?

Thanks Alot

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

if u have windows xp service pack 2, u can check the security center. it can detect many personal firewalls.

3. SpeedFighter

Windows Says It Doesnt Reconize Any FireWalls...What Could Be Block My ShoutCast Server??

4. btman

btman Registered Member

well you can check your program files folder... see if any seem firewall like.... and you can check in your bottom right corner of your screen.... see if a firewall is there... which it should be if it's running...

5. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

Ewido doesn't have a firewall. What firewalls have you used in the past? Some firewalls don't remove properly using Add/Remove programs and require special removal tools or registry cleaners totally be removed. Zone Alarm is one of the hardest to remove. If you remove it improperly through Add/Remove programs, it will remove the GUI but not the firewall itself. I have also heard of cases where installing new software can "wake up" some AV or firewall registry key that comes back out of the past to cause problems.I'm no expert, but if you post back what firewalls you have used, someone might be able to recommend a removal tool.

6. SpeedFighter

Ive Had Norton AntiVirus , AVG AntiVirus ...Thats ABout All I Know Of For Virus Programs

7. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

Well, AVG Free doesn't have a firewall, but Norton Internet Security does. Did you just have Norton AV or the Norton Firewall also? The Norton products do not remove completely using Add/Remove programs, so you might need to run the Norton removal tools to make sure that's not an old problem still hanging around.

http://www.castlecops.com/t160425-Removing_Symantec_Norton_Products.html

http://www.castlecops.com/t166314-Uninstall_Norton_System_Works_2005.html

http://www.castlecops.com/t87029-Problems_deleting_Norton.html

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006
  8. SpeedFighter

Yay The Problem Has Been Fixed You Did It Man That Program Swrt Something Fixed It...Norton Must Of Had A FireWall Still Goin Thanks So MUCH Your Are Best If You Were Gay ID KISS YA !!!! :)....Thanks Man !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.