Ewido finds same malware every day, never deletes it

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by sminc, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sminc

sminc Registered Member

Hello,

I just installed ewido 3 days ago, and the first scan worked as expected, found some stuff that were tracking cookies, a couple things I wanted to place into exceptions area, all seemed to work. Since then, it keeps finding the very same thing every day on its auto scan, I set one thing to exceptions (alexa bar stuff, I use it) and some tracking cookies I delete. I hit the button to carry out the actions, it says it does, but nothing new is placed into the exceptions, and the following day it finds the very same things, exactly.

It never really carries out the actions I specify, it does nothing.

Any thoughts?

2. sminc

sminc Registered Member

Evaluating this software I have to say I am not impressed at all. Talks a good game, but does not follow through. I asked the above question here in the "official support forum" 3 days ago, and not one reply. Every day, the software finds the exact same things, acts like it takes the action I have set it to take, including filing as acception and deleting, then finds it again the next scan.

The software working like it is currently is worthless. Is there any resolution to this other than deleting the software an moving on?

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I am not impressed ether, I installed it when it first went final my intent was to buy it when the trail period was over. Since first instillation Ewido has found nothing, it doesn't even find tracking cookies that I purposely leave on my computer. Then do a scan so that Ewido 4.0.0.172c can pick them up, it doesn't mater how it is configured.

4. sminc

sminc Registered Member

The fact that the software does not work is one matter, but the fact that I can't seem to get a response in the official support forum for 3 days regarding this product is an entirely different matter. I assume that since this forum is called "official", there must be ewido support staff that monitors it, right?

If I noticed that someone was responding and working on the issue, that would give me some confidence to keep going with ewido, but there is nothing.

5. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Hello sminc,
    It is unusual for a thread not to have a reply. I can only speak for myself when I say I find ewido a good program which I like so much I bought it.
    I cannot comment on your cookie problems as I use ccleaner daily so don't have any.
    Any problems I have, that I cannot get help with, I send via e-mail to here
    http://www.ewido.net/en/support/
    After the initial confirmation e-mail, it is not usually very long before they e-mail the info I need to help with my problem. Please give it a try, no program is fault free, and yours may be a problem with a simple solution.
    Also, have you read this thread?
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=138929

6. sminc

sminc Registered Member

Thanks for your reply stapp, yes about the time I made my last post, I sent a support request using the method you suggested above, we shall see what response I get.

7. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

First of all, sorry for the late reply. What happens if you do a scan directly after the last scan finished? Does it detect the same stuff again? Is alexa really in the list of exceptions? What is the exact path/registry key?

8. basti

basti Registered Member

I think he means that after a full scan, scanning once more after sometime surfing in the net, ewido finds the same stuff as before. This is the problem discussed on another Forum " stopping cookies and other things at realtime.

9. sminc

sminc Registered Member

Thanks for your reply Peter. After this mornings scan, that happened over night, first thing I did I applied the actions (alexa to exceptions and delete everything else) then did another scan right away. It found fewer items, but the ones it found were same as before and the alexa stuff that has been placed in exceptions a half dozen times now was found agian.

10. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Can you please send me a scan report via PM and also a screenshot of the exceptions window? Thanks!

11. sminc

sminc Registered Member

Hi Peter,

I have the report and images ready to send but in the PM mode, I do not see a way to upload files. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks

12. Carver

Carver Registered Member

Type your Post then look for Manage Atachments. Picture should be saved as jpg, then choose file, then upload. After it finishs uploading you can click close then you can click post.

13. sminc

sminc Registered Member

But is there a way to do this via PM as Peter suggested? Peter, if there is a way for me to send you these files privately, please let me know.

Thanks.

14. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

You could just PM peter by clicking on his name (3 posts above your last one) and copy and paste the scan report into the pm.
    He usually replies quite quickly, give the link to this post as well to remind him what it's about!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.