Ewido database analyzing, doesnt detect much :(

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Carlos DMX, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carlos DMX

Carlos DMX Guest

HELLO. I write to ask about Ewido database. It is my under standing that Ewido author writes this forum. Can you please answer at my question.

My friends looked at Ewido program database two months ago because they didnt think it detected much. it say that it detects over 50000 threats but analyzing it with a disasmembler shows less then 10000 names. This seem like a lie to the public :(

Here is what the database really has. Thanks to RICARDO for this:
    Backdoor. 4410
    Trojan. 1611
    Trojan.AOL. 281
    TrojanDownloader. 348
    TrojanSpy. 935
    TrojanDropper. 206
    TrojanProxy. 26
    Hacktool. 8
    Worm. 540
    I-Worm. 1
    IRC-Worm. 1
    Keylogger. 1
    Spyware. 88
    Dialer. 40
    Others 226

THat doesnt add up to 50000!
    He gave me the decrypted names list but i cant post it here because it wont let me attach files :( WIlders can you please fix that so I can post it

Ewido author can you please answer. Thanks!! it Ewido seems like a Good scanner but the numbers dont add uP!! :(
    SO please can you give us list of the 50000 threats that are detected. THANKS

2. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I think this is a very good question and interesting information. My own limited experience so far with many of the trojan scanners is that Ewido detection is probably on par with BOClean, and TrojanHunter, and probably not has comprehensive as TDS-3 or even KAV. But I am just guessing based upon limited experience. Ewido is a very "well-behaved" program that I am glad I have running on my system. But I do not think that its database is any more extensive than its competitors at this time. I would very much like to have more precise information and hear from other users who may have different experiences. My guess that experiences very much depend upon online browsing behavior.

Rich

3. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Sorry but... lol? This list is totally fake and nonsense! The number of files listed above doesn't even come close to the number of malware in our database. And there is no thing named Keylogger, Hacktool, I-Worm, IRC-Worm etc. in our database, ALL Keyloggers for example are called TrojanSpy.*

Attached Files:

4. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Little example... The list shows 40 different dialer names, in fact we only have ONE name for ALL our dialers (> 24.000) as can easily be seen on the screenshot.

Attached Files:

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

That would be convenient, wouldn't ito_O

I smell a little thing but lol this is just too much.

have a nice ev and last time I will give my comment to someone who doesn't log in, and above all that with hypothetical comments and negative behaviour.

I'm outta here *puppy*

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Carlos DMX :)

As too this question,

U need to register to do that. ;)

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.