ewido congrats

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Infinity, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I would like to say kudos to the Ewido team for making a great product and congrats on the 100.000 sigs!!!

Thanx a lot

and another thing two days ago I had some spyware installed guess who was first to clean and stop? right Ewido.

winads and winupdate :D cleaning the rest was piece of cake

Thanx Fish

Inf.

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

One of my favorite programs :D

Congratulations!!! ;)

3. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Yep. I have it installed on my machine. One of my most trusted programs. Reliable and does its job. Thx!

Rich

4. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Hear hear, one of my favorite programs too. :)

5. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

thank you all for the encouraging words! ;)

6. gerardwil2

gerardwil2 Guest

Congrats Fish (Ewido) for your great prog, daily updates and prompt reactions.

:-*

Gerard

7. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Even though I gave them a slagging off a while back for detectinb F-Secure backweb, it is a great product with good support.

8. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Yes, thanks for the great support and program ;)

9. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Does exactly what it says on the box. One of the great things about this app is that you know you can ask any question here and get a fast response from Fish. The yearly license fee is the big drawback, other than that, the software inspires confidence.

10. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

The licence fee isn't yearly and seemed very fair to me.

I think it has gone up a bit since I purchased, and I can't remember whether it includes an upgrade to the next version - perhaps someone could remind us?

11. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I am a licensed holder of 2 other commercial AT programs which, at the present time, do not charge an annual license fee.

But with the huge explosion of trojan-like malware over the last 12 months even these two Companies have talked about an annual subscription fee for updating.

This much more frequent updating and good support takes a lot of time and manpower which do not come cheap.

And the Ewido renewal fee of $25 is very reasonable in my opinion compared to other license renewals.

Further, don't forget that if you do not want the Guard or archive scanning you can simply stay with the free version ;)

12. AShaR

AShaR Registered Member

Well maybe I should have clarified that the yearly renewal fee is a drawback for me in that I also need to install on a family pc...but in fairness Ewido have been great about this and I am more than happy with the deal I got as a licensed user. What I meant to say was that when you add up yearly fees for more than one security programme, and for seperate pc's you may be running it can become quite expensive. A lot of companies are flexible with allowing more than one pc to be protected per license and in my position that's a big plus.

13. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Good luck with the impending lawsuits, Peter and company.

14. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Yeah, congrats from me too.
    Easy to use, daily updates, great protection and excellent support.
    Keep up the good work. [​IMG]

15. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

What?

16. nameless

It was a (very vague) reference to the fact that scumware authors frequently pressure and sue anti-malware authors like Ewido Networks, especially when those anti-malware authors become more successful.

http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/threats/

17. squash

squash Registered Member

Congratulations but

The only features I see missing from ewido are the options to:

Remove the golden "e" from the context menu, as it is annoying and inconsistent.

Make the titlebar of the ewido bar; the native blue gradient Windows look instead of some customized titlebar. So that it looks consistent.

Remove all the unecessary things from the main part of the GUI (such as the ewido package box picture)

And also give an option to move to the free version without having to wait for 30 days

18. nameless

I find context menu icons help very significantly in easily finding the items I want. I don't like third-party context menu additions that don't have icons (or don't have an option to enable/disable it).

The issues with the interface go beyond just the title bar; it's the whole interface design.

I'm waiting for an option not to have Ewido drastically slow down every facet of my computing experience, including adding a 5- or 6-second delay from when I try to open a link in WorldFlash, to the time the URL is actually sent to the browser.

19. squash

squash Registered Member

I'll rather have a fast ewido instead of some pretty looking but slow and cluttered interface.

Currently ewido is the later mentioned. I think that ewido will be a greater product if they make it look like zonealarm or prevx, appealing GUI but still fast as a boring grey windows application.

Everytime I scan with prevx it takes like a few seconds to look it's GUI (there is some title bar on the top-left section of the screen when it launches). It is annoying.

Conclusion: ewido is a great product, great detection, great engine and everything. But it's GUI is just plain bad... it's overdone.

20. peter.ewido

It's not the interface that slows down the ewido security suite, it's the current engine. However, this should significantly improve with the upcoming 3.5 (new engine) and 4.0 (new guard)... Ok, the interface is indeed a bit sluggish and will also be revised in 4.0 :)

21. .....

..... Registered Member

And when might we be expecting this fish? :eek:

22. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

Glad to see one of my favorite apps is still moving forward :D

23. sinbad370

sinbad370 Registered Member

Good question. When will this happen?

24. peter.ewido

3.5... soon (few weeks) :)

25. .....

..... Registered Member

Cant wait! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.