Ewido compatability question

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by TopperID, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Pardon my ignorance in asking this, but I've noticed that on bootup the new Ewido jumps into my system tray first of all, followed by the SP2 Security Center shield telling me that I don't have an AV, then a greyed out KAV 5 Pro icon appears. Finally KAV gets going and the SP2 shield dissappears. Does this mean that Ewido is interfering with the important job that KAV has to do on bootup?

I'd hate to think that a nasty could get going at this critical stage 'cos KAV was being edged out by Ewido!

Maybe KAV is able to play catch-up when it does get going? Anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

No worries--that sounds about right.I turned my sp2 security center off--it was a pain.

3. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

Have you tried booting without the ewido guard enabled? Does KAV then start faster?

4. BrainWarp

BrainWarp Registered Member

Hello fish

When i had kav on my computer without ewido it started the same--kav always was the last to boot up.I believe that it is just normal operations.

5. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

It's the same here, kav always last to appear in the tray, but i would imagine the protection start's long before you see the "K" in the tray. :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

QUOTE:but i would imagine the protection start's long before you see the "K" in the tray

Let us all hope and pray :)

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yep. ;) :)

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I tried the first version of Ewido with the guard and it loaded before Kerio firewall.
    This latest version seems to do the same. Or at least it appears in the tray first.

I would prefer that it load after my firewall.

9. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

But Kerio is protecting your machine even if the firewall icon isn't there. maybe you have 2.1.5. so I shut up. yeah definately shut up ...:)

I want to know if it would protect me anyway (my firewall, even when icons go first

10. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Maybe this is a false alarm folks, 'cos when I look at KAV's Report it says the 'Automatic scan on application startup' is a success. Also the Security Center shield did not appear in my tray in my most recent bootup - but it did the first couple of bootups after installing the new Ewido.

Ewido is certainly quick in my tray at startup, and it did seem to slow KAV down, but perhaps things are settling down.

I just wanted to be sure there are no compatability issues here.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  11. nameless

nameless Registered Member

Praying never helped anyone. In this case, there is no reason for concern. You won't see KAV's tray icon until Explorer and kav.exe have both loaded. However, kavsvc.exe--which is KAV's service and the real workhorse--is already loaded by that point. The two (kav.exe and kavsvc.exe) communicate, but they are two totally different things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.