Ewido, BOClean: what does Ewido do that BOClean doesn't?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by brjoon1021, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, i would prefer a onetime fee too, of course i would, i just don't think it's viable anymore with the amount of trojans having to be added daily, it's not like when BOClean, TDS & the Cleaner started the AT business with 30 something trojans a month (& thats probably a very high #), now 100-300 trojans & variants a day is not uncommon.

I honestly think that if we want effective AT companies capable of updating not only the signatures, but just as important in a fast moving environment, the program, then yearly fee's is probably going to be required. AT's costumerbase is a lot smaller than AV's (even the small AV companies).

So while i would of course prefer a onetime fee, i would much prefer a well maintained AT solution with a yearly fee. Just my 2 cents. :)

2. Socio

Socio Registered Member

I agree,

Besides, if we were not paying a yearly fee for a lot of these products we would almost certainly be having to buy the new versions as they come out at probably a higher cost than the subscription anyway as we had to do in the post subscription era and still have to do with many software products.

3. Gladd8tor

Gladd8tor Registered Member

Hi ... I am just a novice user but , I have been reading many post from this website , My question is who moderate the internet ( WWW ) ? Also why don't we have tough laws where there is jail time no matter what, if you are caught making any type of virus/trojan/malware or anything that causes harm to the internet or computers itself , I mean if you use a computer anywhere in the world which ever government/country it is , If they really want to locate your location they can find you , correct ? So why on earth are we not going into the right direction and set laws against this stuff ? And finding these people that do this sore of stuff , Make the laws so tough that you wouldn't consider to make any harmful stuff for computers/internet , Then we wouldn't have any needs for all these so call programs , It seem to me we are just allowing this bull to go on , where as we should be able to stop it at its track , I don't know but I have a strong feel the people that create this type garbage ( viruses/trojan/malware ) are probably the same people that create the programs to prevent them , I wouldn't be surprise to find out that the anit-virus comapnies are the ones that create also viruses ... Maybe its just me but , I would believe with the knowledge we have nowadays we would of stop this garbage at its track

Then again maybe its just me that doesn't understand how it all works but it sure sounds to stupid that we can find a better solution ....

BTW : This isn't to offend anyone , its just my thoughts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.