Ewido (AVG) - scan it is demolished spontaneously

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Frits, Dec 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frits

Frits Registered Member

Ewido (AVG) - scan crashed

Hi,

While performing a periodic control of my PC EWIDO-onlinescan crashed an the following message was displayed:

Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library

Buffer overrun detected!

Program: C:\programFiles \Internet Explorer \iexplorer.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted the program's internal state.
    The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

After that I have installed the AVG (trial version) so that I could perform a scan in the safe mode too.
    During a scan with AVG the same “buffer overrun” message was displayed, but this time for:

Program: C:\programFiles \Grisoft \AVGAnti-Spyware7.5 \avgas.exe

Now I don’t get these reports anymore during scans, but AVG crashes instead. The same accounts for Internet Explorer 7 when I’m performing an online virusscan.

It seems that something goes wrong while the register is scanned. The scanner crashes at the moment that the following register rule is reached: HKLM \software \Microsoft \windowsNT \Current Version \Perflib \ 013.

When scanning with Panda, Ad-Aware, SS&D, House Call, Bit Defender and Windows Live One Care, in either the safe or normal mode, no problems are reported.

I’m currently using Panda titanium 2006 (virusscan and firewall). With Panda turned off AVG continues crashing during scans. Besides the above mentioned problems my PC is functioning normally.

Because of the “buffer overruns” and spontaneous crashes of IE and AVG I suspect that there could be some spyware running or hackeractivity or something.

Could you please help me solving this problem or give me some recommendations?

Greets,

Fr@

Last edited: Dec 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.