ewido->AVG, Auto+Manual updates Not working, ouside infection?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Hache, Jan 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hache

Hache Registered Member

I really need help.

I have changed my ewido to the avg antivirus, but it wont update automatically. I have tried manual as well. The apps I download for the full and daily signatures seem to be working fine; all the signatures end up where they are sapposed to, but, the "signatures in database" does not improve.

Very recently, before I had updated ewido to avg, I had not been able to access hotmail or gmail, and various sites such as paypal, or school / uni / business forms. Even MSN messenger does not work. It seems that I cannot access heavy pages, since my orangeday.net account still works. My other computer has been able to update successfully to the new AVG and has not encounted such a problem. I am hoping someone may be able to help me.

I cannot identify any suspicious programs still running, but previously ewido had detected a few malware, but was unable to delete or quarantine them. Instead I had stupidly removed them from autostart to prevent any damage, as well as not remembering or writing down the names.

It also seems that programs have been manipulated. I have been trying to scan my computer with other anti-malware programs but I cannot access them, "you cannot access this program, you may not have appropriate permission." This also seems to be the case with other programs, usually ones which aren't frequently used. The programs that I have lost access are still there and have not been deleted.

My computer space is currently 16%, so far my only solution is to reboot my entire computer.

:( If anyone finds these characteristics familier and/or is willing to help me, please do. I have attatched a log file from my "HijackThis" if you are interested.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 3, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.