Ewido Annoyances

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Shawn Paulson, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawn Paulson

Shawn Paulson Registered Member

Ewido Anti-malware 3.5 seems like a good program but it has some annoying aspects.

First, the program window is small and cannot be maximized. Second, after I quarantined a few items (35) I decided I wanted to restore a few of them. Sometimes I would scroll down the list, select an item, and before I could click on the restore button, my selection would clear and the list would scroll back to the top. I tried to select the whole list to restore but the program would only restore the first five or six items as if they were the only ones I selected.

It would be nice if Ewido had a better way to manage groups of files instead of presenting a separate dialog box for each suspicious item.

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Welcome Shawn Paulson :)

You can try the beta version that already have all that you said... ;)

3. Shawn Paulson

Thank You for the welcome, Crow.

Yes, the beta version 4.0 is much less annoying; still needs a little work though.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

You are welcome ;)

You can make suggestions to improve it...

5. Shawn Paulson

Right-click functions and menus would be nice. For example, on the Processes tab in the Analysis section, a right-click menu might offer to terminate the process, show TCP connections, or file properties. To be fair, there are some right-click functions and I like some of the descriptive balloon tips.

I will discuss this further on the beta forum, eventually…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.