Ewido and OA

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by JVM, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JVM

JVM Registered Member

Can someone explain the differences of these two programs in what they protect against and effectiveness?

2. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

Online Armor is a HIPS program and Ewido is an Anti-Malware. Totally different programs in the way they protect. Ewido is based on updated definations like an antivirus and Online Armor is more user based anti-executable and behavior blocker. They compliment each other well. I run them both side by side with no problem.

dja2k

3. JVM

JVM Registered Member

Have you had any problem with Ewido messing up a program? Since installing Ewido, a few of my programs are not functioning right. One of my programs, Logitech's Setpoint, was deactivated and brought down to something weird--the program had to be reinstalled.

4. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I have never had any problems with ewido. Although if the program had a adware\spyware bundled or a keylogger etc, then maybe thats why it did that, but I am not sure.

dja2k

5. JVM

JVM Registered Member

I did a complete scan and only a few Mozilla/Firefox cookies were found, nothing else. I just uninstalled Ewido to see what happens and I'm still having problems. I even tried reinstalling LnS and that also went kind of weird as after installation it lost the license--after I validated it! The license came back when I restarted. All I know is all was well before installing Ewido, kind of a shame because I liked the program. I will go back to Online Armor to see what happens, but I may have to reinstall some programs first.

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

I just wanted to add that Ewido will come up with some HIPS modules in their upcoming V4 .. I would not buy OA for that reason, or you'll have to disable some of the components I guess.

best wishes,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.