ewido and AVG

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by bolehill, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bolehill

bolehill Registered Member

I have today downloaded the 30 day trial og ewido; I already have AVG free installed and doing a daily virus check.

If I go and buy ewido full, do I stll need AVG? What extra does ewido give me over AVG? Is there an upgrade route from AVG to ewido, without starting again with the full ewido?

Thanks
    Neil

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ewido is meant as a supplement to AVG and they wont conflict. AVG would function as your antivirus and ewido would be a secondary malware scanner.

3. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You couldn't possibly use ewido instead of AVG because AVG is an anti-virus while ewido is not. An AV's realtime scanner will intercept files as they are written to or read from Hard Drive. On the other hand ewido's Guard will only scan files as you attempt to run them, it can also examine starting files as they enter memory which enables it to catch things that are disguised by heavy encryption.

The benefits of running ewido realtime are that AVG does not have the best reputation in dealing with trojans while ewido will offer valuable additional protection in that area. Also, AVG free does not find Adware/Spyware, while ewido will give better coverage in this area as well.

4. bolehill

bolehill Registered Member

Thanks, that sounds good.
    So I could continue to run both Ewido and AVG at the same time - the former protecting for malware etc, whiclst AVG protects for viruses - without conflict?
    Neil

5. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

yes, both can be used without conflict.

6. Eklestadt

Eklestadt Registered Member

They will run without conflict.

At current Ewido is beign phased out by Grisoft and soon it will come bundled with an AVG package called AVG Anti-Malware.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.