ewido 4 - tray icon greyed

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware beta forum' started by Nunes, Jun 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nunes

Nunes Registered Member

Hello

Since some days ago when booting, ewido tray icon appears greyed for some seconds when before it immediatly showed colored. Anyone has this same experience? Any explanation for this?

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Some seconds would be acceptable, although I seldom see the icon grey when it was loaded. Sometimes, it takes time to load the drivers or the signatures and there is a bit delay. KAV is an example. Sometimes, the KAV icon in the tray appears grey when it loads but it turns red immediately after some seconds.

3. Carver

Carver Registered Member

This also happens with Outpost firewall, you just have to wait till everything loads.

4. OldRebel

OldRebel Registered Member

Some folks have complained that this delayed loading is caused by the new Microsoft wgatray.exe, but I do not know if that is accurate. They also claim that it exposes the PC to a moment of severe vulnerability. I don't know how accurate that is either, and I also don't know a solution. I don't see that "greying" of the Ewido icon but I do see my McAfee icon turn black for a split second sometimes, and then turn red again. This does NOT happen on every boot, just some. Ewido is the first icon that loads in my system tray. (I am currently using version 3.5) I don't recall if I saw that with 4.0.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.