ewido 4.0 ?

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by LoneWolf, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

i'm currently enjoying ewido's free 14 day trial and have found & deleated 3 pests that my other security software could not do.i plan on buying ewido when my trial is over.question is when is ewido 4.0 due out and what improvements should we expect other then the dedicated anti-rootkit engine?

2. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I'm kind of wondering about 4.0 also.

Not trying to rush you Ewido dudes or anything, just wondering how things are going.

Can you give us a little preview of what you are trying to accomplish with 4.0?

I think we all understand that things change and schedules fluxuate and it could be released later than you had anticipated.

-FTP

3. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

We're still working on the coming version.

We're sorry that we can't keep the foreseen appointment, it will unfortunately take some more time as planned.

That we can't give you more details about our upcoming you hopefully might understand ;)

BR
    Vinzenz

4. Antarctica

Antarctica Registered Member

Take your time, no worry. The end product will only be better.:)

5. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I agree, I'd rather wait till you get everything right rather than rush out a new version just for the sake of having something new. I'm sick of software makers bringing out updated versions of their software and then a couple of weeks later bringing out an update to fix the bugs in the previous update because they released it to early, and then bringing out another update to fix ..................... and on and on ad infinitum :eek:
    But then again we don't all want to be waiting for ever like we did for the fabled TDS 4 only to be shafted.

6. Peter2005

Peter2005 Registered Member

New Version

I wonder if there is any news of the release of an updated version. When I first purchased the product I asked if there was a scheduler included as I could not find one, the reply given was that the scheduler would be included in the next version whick will be released soon.

At my age I am beginning to find it difficult to remember to run the scan and a scheduler would come in very handy indeed,

Last edited: Mar 9, 2006
  7. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

Re: New Version

if I remember well there is a ewido console scanner out there, likely it can be triggered by the schedular of windows.
    Ciao
    Itsme

8. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

ewido 4.0?

Any word on when a possible release date for version 4.0 could be expected? I understand that they are working on tweaking things, to make sure that they are just right when 4.0 is actually released...but the initial word was "before the end of the year ('05), around Christmas". Since we're now halfway into March, I just thought I'd ask and see what possible timetable may have been set for it's official release now.....

EDIT: Oops, sorry....I didn't see this thread until mine got merged into it. Oh well, all's well that ends well.....

Last edited: Mar 12, 2006
  9. honeybunny

honeybunny Suspended Member

Re: Ewido and VNC - Please....

Peter,

you say, there scan settings only apply for the scanner, but not for the guard. Will the V 4.0 has the possibility to set setting for the guard, too ?

Btw. The V 4.0 is just around the corner ? :D Something like that i hear last year in December ;)

So could you give an concret date :rolleyes:

10. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Where did I heard that before? :D

11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

I know where I heard "Just around the corner", and it is still ringing in my ears. Once bitten, twice shy. :ouch:

12. peter.ewido

peter.ewido former ewido team

... we WILL deliver it... :)

13. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

I hope a beta or two is released first before it goes final so any niggles can be worked out.

14. ThreeofClubs

ThreeofClubs Registered Member

...and I hope I'm not expected to PAY for v4.0 when my family & I have not gotten to use the version we have since buying our copies. It's still beyond my understanding why a signature that detects (and removes) a legit software package, which they went to the trouble to label "Not_a_virus", is still included. Isn't it a common practice to address false positives with signature updates? I know my antivirus vendors do. That bit McAfee on the behind in a big way a couple of weeks ago.

15. CDomaille

CDomaille Registered Member

We know you will delivery it... but the big problem is when as you havent even given us a hint of when it will be ready. Just round the corner doesn't really cut it when you have to keep reinstalling VNC because some muppet member of staff has hit the clear button on a remote site.

So please please any idea of how close version 4 is? :(

16. Itsme

Itsme Registered Member

I've been waiting for months to buy 10 lifetime licenses for the computers I manage for family and friends.... and the longer it takes to have a decent answer on delivery dates... In my project I call then deadlines and are known to all my projectg members and certainly my sponsors, which I could also call paying CLIENTS. ... the less I feel this company is worth having my hard earned money.
    Ciao
    Itsme

17. honeybunny

honeybunny Suspended Member

As Peter talk to us, it's around the corner. Btw. i'm searching for that corner too. But i couldn't find it actually.

18. DarkCypher0x0

DarkCypher0x0 Registered Member

Re: ewido anti-malware 4 release?

I'm not exactly sure why...Everyone is so uptight and ignorant. This team goes out of their way to do this to make sure WE are secure and you thank them how?

By ranting at them obnoxiously pouting for a new version. Grow up, There is a trial version available you should have tried it before you bought it. Nothing is perfect espcially in software.

McAfee...Just another overrated bloatware...Like Nortons and the rest of the big named AV's. If this program was anything like those 2 I would have left long ago. Patience is always a good virtue to have, Try it on for size.

19. CDomaille

CDomaille Registered Member

Not getting uptight about it and we know that these guys are working on it. We also know that there is a trial which i tried and liked so i bought the product.

It's not my fault that VNC was installed AFTER we bought the product. quite happy to wait for the updates but in the mean time, we'll just keep reinstalling VNC after Ewido as removed it :D

We would just like a rough idea as to when V4 is likely to be released. not too much to ask is it?

20. greenhatch

greenhatch Registered Member

I emailed Ewido support to ask about Version 4 and I got this woolly reply ''We hope that we can release the first beta versions in the next few weeks''. I am not sure whether to buy version 3.5 or wait? I have been given an opinion on another board that A-Squared's real-time protection is superior, so I am looking at that too.
    Peter: Can you please put a rough date to when Ewido version 4 will be ready please?

21. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

What's wooly about this reply?
    You can buy the present version then upgrade for free to version 4.
    There is no definite testing of this and a recent post here discusses the two.
    What's the rush? Ewido 3.5 is an excellent piece of software now! If they rushed out a buggy version, then there would be complaints that it had not been tested sufficiently. Ewido will release 4 when it is ready and stable, not before!

But it will be released before F-Prot 4 or Diamond's latest offering :D

22. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

What's the rush? :eek:
    Difficult to put a date on it and at the same time putting pressure on its development.
    Beta hasn't yet started, so it will take some time to release a stable and effective version 4.

Version 3 works fine, so I'm not in a hurry for the new version.
    I'll install when version 4 is ready and not before, but as usual I'll take a peek now and then. :D ;)

23. ThreeofClubs

ThreeofClubs Registered Member

Speaking of ignorant, your post qualifies with regards to my situation. FYI, I had Ewido running and was happy with it until a signature update started marking my VNC as potential malware. I paid for this software AND my VNC and, on top of that, I have invested my time and quite a bit of long distance phone tolls dealing with the situation that has arisen. Why am I uptight about it? Because we paid for something and can't use it, that's why.

24. Optimist

Optimist Registered Member

This is not difficult!

25. greenhatch

greenhatch Registered Member

Despite some opinions in this thread, I think it is perfectly reasonable for us to press for a release date of v4. It is over 4 months since first indicated, I believe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.