Ever had that feeling?

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by marse.robert, Mar 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marse.robert

marse.robert Registered Member

Hi,
    Ever had that feeling of walking through the City on a dark night? Well, a few weeks ago, I had that same feeling whilst surfing the Net..what's around the corner on that Web Site?..who sent me that attachment?..can I risk downloading that program?

A short time ago, I met Wilders and you good people, and I am strutting my stuff along the by-ways and alley-ways of the Net with Processguard on my left shoulder and TDS-3 on my right shoulder.."bring it on," I say.

The cost of my two shoulder pals? Who cares?

Thank you to you all..and of course the kind people of DCS, and me..well I am off to visit all the sites that were previously out of bounds..well, I am a big boy now.

marse.robert

2. gottadoit

gottadoit Security Expert

Something else that you might find useful to perch on your shoulder (if you are using firefox or mozilla) is an extension called PrefBar
    See http://prefbar.mozdev.org/

You can have tick boxes visible in your browser that allows you to easily turn off javascript, java, images, flash, popups, animation and warn about all cookies (and optionally just allow them as session cookies so that the site still works...)

Its a very good idea to leave most functionality off until you need it... and this makes it easy to do so

3. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Sounds like a nice idea !

marse.robert : glad to hear it :) stay safe out there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.