Event-ID 503, 504, 506 & 1008 Acronis True Image Enterprise Server

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by thag57, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thag57

thag57 Registered Member

Hi, everyone!
    This seems to be a great forum, so I'm taking my chance here to post a question about acronis and event-logging.
    I'm running acronis true image enterprise server on a w2k3 server (sp2) standard edition. I have configured acronis to load all events to ms eventlog, but every entry in the eventlog starts with:

" The local computer may not have the neccessary registry information or message dll files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /auxsource= flag to retreive this description ..." ...and then comes the part of the event-message I'm interested in.
    ok, I've tried the /auxsource option with no success, I've also created a registry-key for acronis, placed it under 'settings', named it 'EventMessageFile' (reg_sz) with the path to 'eventmessages.dll". Still no success. I want to get rid of this stupid text, because I want to use the eventlogs with logparser and/or powershell to save the events in a easy and useful manner for monitoring.
    Does somebody have a solution for this?
    Take care out there...

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello thag57,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the issue thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please also create a screenshot of the event log (or export it).

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.