Event Error. Why was This ?

Discussion in 'Returnil releases' started by Miska, Mar 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miska

Miska Registered Member

Mar 10, 2009
    When i uninstalled Version 2.0 and then upgraded to 2.01 of Returnil i noticed this error in System Events. NOW... Returnil works fine so it hasnt hurt anythnig i think but could you tell me what or why this occured ?
    Thank you. ;)

XP Pro SP3.

The description for Event ID ( 1838 ) in Source ( RVSystem ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 5a 00 ......Z.
    0008: 00 00 00 00 2e 07 00 00 ........
    0010: 6a 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 j.......
  2. tekie

tekie Registered Member

Jan 26, 2009
    I wouldn't pay too close attention to those "event errors" in the logs unless you are having trouble.

You'll always find numerous errors in the list. Most of them are recorded in the list before an application has a chance to load properly.

You'll find out how software calls different functions by viewing a file or registry monitor. Not all calls are valid - and therefore you'll get event errors.

For instance:

1. "File not found" in a folder that has nothing to do with the application.
    2. "Registry key not found" that a program calls, but is not a valid key.

All this happens in the background with all computers and all programs.

So, nothing much to worry about.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.