EULAlyzer 1.x Suggestions / Wishlist

Discussion in 'EULAlyzer Forum' started by javacool, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Praobow

Praobow Registered Member

For consideration (I suspect it will have been requested already but I didn't see it here).

Often I find myself being requested to agree again to what is probably the same agreement. e.g. I made a minor hotfix update to Skype today and again had to agree to T&C.
    In such a case I would like to be able to compare with the previous agreement from Skype to see if there were any changes. Firstly, I would like to see what changes were made. Secondly, if there is no change, it might be possible to reduce the space consumed by just recording the additional date that the old agreement was re-agreed to rather than duplicating all the agreement contents.

And I am sure I did report this eons ago (perhaps by email) - I regularly manually type in some introductory text to each agreement and it is annoying that the first two characters typed are reversed. If I type "Skype" as the first text to be entered in the Analyze box I get "kypeS".
    I was hoping to find this fixed in V1.2 but it wasn't.

[I let my Pro sub elapse but I am open to going Pro again if I see some improvements that I think are worthwhile]

2. 3Z Duzzit

3Z Duzzit Registered Member

Please stop creating a temp dir in %APPDATA%. :eek: Thanks!

3. TonH

TonH Registered Member

Once I installed this software I always use it to check licenses of web services and software. So, thank you.

From what I see EULAlyzer only works for English EUL's.
    Is it possible to expand the service to other languages.

Being a Netherlander living in Brazil, it would be most convenient if I could check EUL’s in Netherlands and (Brazilian) Portuguese.

4. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

I had two occasions where i wanted to use it on Debian. I wonder if you can make it work in WINE?

5. skythorn

skythorn Registered Member

Gudday from Australia - suggestion - I've been using EULAlyzer to look at sites that I register at for website membership terminology - it's not quite what it's been designed for, but it's (in my view) a natural extension of what this software does. May I suggest something that can work for this option as well - describe such membership agreements that can cause billing pain?

For example, the site described below has a clickwrap registration feature, and when I entered the terms and conditions for membership, it did not register as a concern, yet I would have thought that something that permits billing for a nominal website usage would be really a red flag.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/whats-in-a-name-a-rolledgold-clickwrap-con-20100413-s73d.html

Skythorn :D

6. GlennFromIowa

GlennFromIowa Registered Member

Suggestion #1 - Un-sticky this thread and start a new one that says EULAlyzer 2.x Suggestions / Wishlist ;)

Here's a couple of related sections that EULAlyzer currently doesn't flag but probably should, especially for the Pro version:

Scary stuff! :eek:

Glenn

7. Spooony

Spooony Registered Member

Cool love this piece of software.
    Can you see if you can get it to capture on word documents?

8. nogard0

nogard0 Registered Member

when analyzing EULA and policies- how about looking for the words:
    collect, information, data, fee, charge, $, dollars, advertise, ads, desktop, download, etc. also ?

most of these are important information to know and see that the EULA has in it. if they collect data ... i would want to know WHAT. and if they are going to download, look at, or take over my machine i want to know about that too (i.e, when, why, how, etc.). i would like to know about any hidden fees or charges for doing so if they charge for the service (with your permission by your accepting the EULA).

one software, from china i think, left it at their choice (EULA gave them permission to do this by you accepting the EULA) to look at users computers to see if illegal copies of their software was on the computer ... and the way it sounded ... they would disable the computer if any of their software was found which was not authorized by them. needless to say i did NOT download that software.

doug
    qa engineer / tester /enhancement suggester
    if it is not broken, enhance it = equals = continuing improvement !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.