Eula surprise...

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by 19monty64, Jul 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

2. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

Thanks for that link. Worthwhile info. Guess I won't be clicking that button in a hurry! Or better yet, I'll just keep using 1.99.

3. 19monty64

I wondered why HT didn`t have a Eula included...

4. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

So it's up to me if i made it a spyware app or not, if i click that infamous button becomes ''spyware'' if not is clean right ? C'mon people, less paranoia is better means less spyware...

5. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up. FWIW, Tom Coyote was where I posted my first HiJackThis log and a catalyst to finding other forums such as Wilders.

6. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

Right under the Analyze This button it sez "Upload to TrendSecure". Sounds like a non-issue to me. :rolleyes:

7. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

I noticed this too, but how many people that actually need a HijackThis log even know what upload means? I admit I haven't used the program, but if after clicking the Analyze This button it should ask if it's ok to send the data/log to Trend. If it asks, then this is a non issue, if it does not then that is another thing. On the other hand, most newbies probably wouldn't care either way.

Cheers, innerpeace

8. Tarq57

Tarq57 Registered Member

I don't think it's being paranoid to be cautious about sending that info at all. The agreement linked to makes no real reference as to who the third parties the info will be shared with are, nor what their privacy policies might be.
    Whilst the information gleaned from this log may be no different to what anybody can find on the internet, the lack of transparency is an issue to me. If I choose to paste a HJT log at a help forum, that's my willing choice, and I also have the opportunity to "X" out any data, like a user name for example. It appears that option, or the advisability of it, is not made apparent to TM HJT users.

9. 19monty64

On a new windows-installation, HijackThis is my 2nd dLo (right after Opera) and have used it for removal on a few occasions. I`ve never posted a HT-log or uploaded to TM, instead I use a forum or google to investigate it`s findings. But what about noobs who just discovered HT, especially if they`re using a limited-account on their parents pc?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.